9.05.2008

i suck at keeping up with this...

so i survived semester one of school, and now we're a couple weeks in to semester two. it's tough, a lot more work than i ever did in undergrad (except for maybe genetics), but at the same time i really enjoy it and so i don't mind (most days) busting my rear. now that we're not in class from 9-4 every day and then straight home to study, i'm actually getting to hang out with people a little bit, sometimes even not in a studying situation :) we've played basketball a couple of times, and flag football starts next week, so that should be fun and hey maybe we'll even win a couple games... here's a pretty awesome bruise i got today playing basketball, after running into one of the guy's knee brace, and the knee brace won (the picture doesn't really do it justice)...


today i built a shelf for my closet (which is actually a clothes rack in our laundry room... whoever built this house evidently decided that only 2 of the 3 bedrooms needed closets, and i'm the lucky winner). it was a little bootleg... i cut up a scrap of OSB plywood (which is the stuff that's a bunch of chips of wood pressed into a board) from our garage for the shelf part, put in the L-shaped things that it actually sits on (dunno what they're called), and the decided to cover the plywood with some scraps of fabric we had so that it doesn't scratch up my stuff or drop wood chips into my clothing... here's the finished product:


let's see, not much else i can think to say... i hate windows vista with an intense passion and have named my computer hal after 2001: a space odyssey. it has not tried to kill me yet, to my knowledge, but it definitely has a mind of its own and tries to make my life difficult as often as possible. and if you're younger (or maybe even a few years older) than me, you're probably not gonna have a clue what that movie is unless you have old parents who made you watch it once, like my dad did to my brother and i. anyways, my brother is working on remedying this issue that he had a hand in causing in the first place by urging me to not get xp on the new laptop but go with vista (BAD choice), so he is finding me a cheap copy of xp and going to redo my computer, hopefully...

that's enough of this for one night... oh and julie these pictures are especially for you... i figured you'd like the bruise and the whole story of being resourceful to build a ghetto shelf :)

No comments: